|Research Question: What are the effects (if any) of room-color on algebra performance?|
Three Tiered Research Plan
- Non-Experiment: Chi-square examination of grades vs. room color at 10 different schools.
- Find 10 different local colleges/universities.
- See what all the algebra classroom colors are.
- Count the number of each final grade-type.
- Perform a chi-square test to find any differences in proportion of grades across the classroom colors.
- Quasi-Experiment: Compare different grade-levels across different room colors at 10 different schools.
- See how students do in the different colored classrooms according to if they are freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- This would be a 3x4 between subjects ANOVA.
- Dependent variable will be final grade.
- Experiment: Randomly assign 50 students to one of three different room colors for algebra class.
- I am actually stuck here, because I donít know if I should use the same three boring colors from the other two designs, or, use three new colors.