Student Opinions of PsychOUT!|
I've used this (or some version of this) program on-and-off since 2000. Because it requires a
projection system, obviously, it cannot be used in low-tech classrooms. To be honest, I've been
suprised at how well-liked it is by students. They miss it when we don't play and it tends to get
mentioned a lot on the course evaluations. I hope, though, that the reasons students like it are
more than just because they get out of a lecture.
Student Reactions to the following two questions:
What were some of the things you liked most about this course?
- The PsychOUT game!
- PsychOUT! (Written by 7 people so far.)
- I missed PsychOUT!
- Lectures were great! Loved PsychOUT!
- PsychOUT! was fun. Good examples & stories to go with subject matter.
- The opportunity for extra credit and PsychOUT!
- The use of PsychOUT!
- I really hated that I missed out on PsychOUT! Please do it again!
- PsychOUT!, the PowerPoint presentations, online practice tests.
- PsychOUT!. Having grades on the internet.
- PsychOUT! before tests!
- Good use of material for fun and studying.
- Play it more often.
- It was fun.
- Good game.
- Love the game!
- It's good.
- I think it is a really good game.
- I was a fan.
- Good game, helpful overall.
- Keep using it and use it with extra credit!
- I think the game helped my learning and it should be used in other classes.
- I like it.
Back to main PsychOUT! page.